There is nothing skinny tasting about this Skinny Broccoli Salad with a Poppy Seed Dressing! It’s loaded with chunks of apples, fresh bluebe...

SKINNY BROCCOLI SALAD WITH A POPPY SEED DRESSING


There is nothing skinny tasting about this Skinny Broccoli Salad with a Poppy Seed Dressing! It’s loaded with chunks of apples, fresh blueberries, and dressed in a poppy seed dressing that’s been sweetened with honey.

Sometimes it takes an act of congress for me to eat my vegetables. Seriously. I mean, I have come a long way, from where I used to be. I have always eaten lettuce, it’s the one green vegetable that I will totally eat, every time. The others though, I’m ify. I lucked out with kids that will eat almost anything that you put in front of them. They did not get that after me! I never ate one vegetable that was ever put on my plate growing up. After nearly getting sick from being forced to try a green bean, my parents never made me try anything again. I am sure it was probably all in my head, but either way, I got out of having anything vegetable related on my plate that wasn’t lettuce, or a carrot.

I’ve come a long way though. I like all sorts of vegetables now, most of them green. For some reason, I have to be in the mood to consume them. I make a vegetable every night with dinner, whether it’s part of a one pan meal, or as a side. Sometimes I’ll eat it, and sometimes I want. Even if it’s something that I do actually like. One vegetable side dish that I’ve never turned down is this Skinny Broccoli Salad with a Poppy Seed Dressing.

Perhaps it’s the fruit. I do love apples and blueberries. Or maybe it’s the poppy seed dressing. The dressing is pretty yummy! Whatever it is, this is always one vegetable side that I can count on eating, without question. If I notice that I haven’t been eating vegetables lately, I’ll whip this up quickly, since it doesn’t require any cooking, and I will also munch on this for lunch or a snack. One little tip that I do make sure that I do when making this…I only use small florets! This makes it easier to pair a slice of apple or plump blueberry with a floret on my fork. I totally sound like a kid! Ha!

If you have a picky eater, make this, and have them give it a go. It’s far easier to try something when paired with a favorite fruit. Are you a picky eater? What about your kids? What’s the one thing they refuse to eat? Or perhaps you refuse to eat?

Skinny Broccoli Salad with a Poppy Seed Dressing

There is nothing skinny tasting about this Skinny Broccoli Salad with a Poppy Seed Dressing! It's loaded with chunks of apples, fresh blueberries, and dressed in a poppy seed dressing that's been sweetened with honey. 

Author Joanna

Ingredients
Poppy Seed Dressing
1 cup Greek Yogurt, plain
1/4 cup honey
1 tablespoon lemon juice
2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
1/2 tablespoon poppy seeds

Salad
1 1/2 pounds broccoli florets
1 cup fresh blueberries
1 large apple, diced

Instructions

1.Mix together the ingredients for the dressing, and set aside. In a large bowl toss together the broccoli, blueberries and apples. Pour the dressing over the top,and toss to coat. Refrigerate for at least and hour prior to serving.

source : https://www.everydaymadefresh.com/skinny-broccoli-salad-poppy-seed-dressing/

0 comments:

close